I am putting these paragraphs first because I know some of you so well that I know you won’t read much past it…….
To my faithful followers/clients (my favorite people) I will send you this directly, or better yet, the next time I see you just hand me your phone like you usually do 😊.
——– The Real Article Begins——–
Amidst the allegations that Cambridge Analytica and Facebook improperly obtained and used data from some 50 million user’s profiles I started pondering about my own Facebook.
As many of you know I am a sporadic user of the social media giant but when I decided to look I was surprised to see how many apps and websites I had authorized to share my information with.
Since joining Facebook in 2009 I have shared my information with a total of 92 different companies. Yes, 92! But in my defense, who doesn’t want to share their information with “Wasted in the Keys” or “Which ‘Gone with the Wind’ character are you?”
*Side note: While I have shared my own information I also shared the information from my Facebook friends and family. For that I am truly sorry ☹.
Since discovering this I thought I would share with all of you how to remove Facebook’s integration with other apps, games, and websites.
- Open the Facebook app on your phone.
- Press on those three little lines at the bottom.
- Scroll down to ‘Settings’
- And then ‘Account Settings’
- Scroll down once more to ‘Apps’
- Be appalled at all the information that you are sharing:
- Click on ‘Logged in with Facebook’
- Revel at the apps that you have allowed to access all your information over the years. (Don’t judge me)
- Click on one and scroll to the bottom and click on ‘Remove App’
- If you happen to see this screen, don’t fret. Just click on the back arrow at the top left of the screen.
- Make sure you check the box next to ‘Delete all your ……’ and then click on ‘Remove’
It has been suggested to just simply delete your entire account. There is an ever-growing movement #DeleteFacebook.
Since I use Facebook to log into many of my most coveted application (IFTTH for my awesome home automation), I have decided to take the less drastic route of merely limiting what apps have access to my information. This will aide my family members immensely to keep up with me and my very exciting life. I have, however, decided to remove the app from my phone. Suddenly I have so much extra time during the day without the contact draw to see what the newest item was listed in Marathon Yard Sale and Hello Extra Battery Life!
If you do decide to delete your Facebook entirely here are some trusted instructions to do it the correct way:
P.S. Don’t take any more Facebook quizzes